2016 Year End Schooling Show Award Results
Congratulations to the winners and all who participated in the 2016 Region 2 Schooling Show Awards Program. A special thanks to Cathy Jacobs who administers and manages the program.
2016 Region 2 Schooling Show Award winners: 2016CatherineBJacobSchoolingShowResults.pdf
Congratulations to our 2016 winners!
Region 2 Catherine B. Jacob Schooling Show Year End Award Information:
If you're interested in finding out more about the 2017 Region 2 Catherine B Jacob Schooling Show Year End Awards, please download the guidelines document at:Region 2 Catherine B Jacob Schooling Show Year End Awards
Registration and Results forms are included in the word document. PDF version located here.
Show year is from November 1 to October 31 of the following year.
For further information, please contact: Catherine B. Jacob at email@example.com or 513.738.2746.
- PURPOSE REGIONAL AND LOCAL LEVEL
- To help provide funds for Region 2 sponsored GMO Educational Fund
- To establish a standard set of dressage classes throughout the region that will count toward Region 2 Catherine B. Jacob Schooling Show Year end Program Awards.
- To encourage local competition managers to put together a series of schooling dressage competitions that will provide competitions with standard quality of classes and judges.
- To allow local competitor’s scores to be recognized on a regional level without leaving their home area.
- To encourage competitors to improve their skills, gain show experience, and confidence to move up to USDF/USEF rated shows.
- To encourage a venue to educate and train a base of show volunteers: scribes, gatekeepers, scorers, bit checkers, etc. for local and USDF/USEF recognized shows.
- To encourage riders to join a local GMO (Group Member Organization of USDF).
- HORSE/RIDER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Competitor must be a current or new member of a local GMO to compete for Region 2 Catherine B. Jacob Schooling Show Year End Awards Program.
- Competitor is responsible for following the rules and completing the requirements of the schooling shows.
- Musical Freestyles; competitors must send to Points Person a copy of a score of 60% or above of the highest test of the level they wish to compete in MFS.
- Competitor may compete in two adjacent levels on the same horse.
- Competitor may compete on more than one horse. Each horse/rider combination MUST complete the registration form and send to the Region 2 Points Person. Opportunity classes at USDF/USEF shows are allowed to count toward year end awards.
- Competitor MUST send a completed Region 2 Catherine B. Jacob Schooling Show Registration Form for each horse/rider combination to the Region 2 Points Person with a check for $25.00 for each level or $45.00 for two adjacent levels, BEFORE their scores are eligible.
- Rider MUST send a completed Region 2 Catherine B. Jacob Schooling Show Registration Form with readable copy of the front of each test to be used for year-end awards. FOUR test scores per level are needed. If fewer score are submitted, their average score will be placed below the four scores averaged. If more than FOUR scores are submitted, ALL scores sent will be averaged.
- Horse/rider combinations that have shown at USDF/USEF recognized competitions Second Level or above are NOT eligible to compete in Introductory or Training Level for this program.
- CLASS ELIGIBILITY
- STANDARD SET OF DRESSAGE CLASSES
|1. USDF Intro A, B, & C
||6. MUSICAL FREESTYLES (State Level)
|2. TRAINING LEVEL Tests 1-3
||7. WESTERN DRESSAGE (TOC)
|3. FIRST LEVEL Tests 1-3
||8. GAITED DRESSAGE (TOC)
|4. SECOND LEVEL AND ABOVE (State Level)
|5. DRESSAGE HORSE IN HAND
- YEAR END AWARDS
- Awards will be given up to the top 10 places in each LEVEL, if entrants warrant. Divisions (JR, OPEN, Adult /AM, VINTAGE) may be combined if entrants warrant.
- Junior: 18 or under
Vintage: 50 and over - Specify OPEN or A/A
- FOUR scores per LEVEL are needed to qualify for Year End Awards. If THREE or less scores are submitted, they will be averaged and placed below the FOUR averaged scores. If MORE than FOUR scores are submitted all scores will be averaged. Final placing is based on their AVERAGED PERCENTAGE SCORES as set out above. Opportunity classes at USDF/USEF shows are allowed to count toward year end awards.
- Award results will be published on the Region 2 Website and may be reproduced in local GMO newsletters and websites.
- Awards will be mailed to the recipient. Scores submitted must be postmarked by NOVEMBER 5. Show year will be from November 1 to October 31 of the following year.